Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Sandy Library, Sandy, Utah


I feel bad that I do not have more to say about the Sandy Public Library, a place I visited and spent a good amount of time in during my stay in the Salt Lake City area. This was the library closest to my Air BNB digs, and so serviced my most tired and lazy needs when I needed a place to set up shop without much fanfare or intent. It was not on my original list of places to visit, but I am very glad that I ended up there, nonetheless.

The Insane View from the Damn Parking Lot (Wasatch Mountains)

Being that it was not "on the list," I have very few photos to share. It must be noted that the library's parking lot has a view that far surpasses your average public library parking lot (or even library proper, to be honest).

View of the mountains
from under the main awning.
As with all mountain-oriented architecture, the library itself has that modern-lodge feel, with warm wood paneling and bright, large windows, specifically at the front and back, with a massive paneled skylight running down the length of the library.

The reason I do not remember much about this library is simple--I was working. I spent long stretches of quiet, productive collating, photo editing, research, and writing at work tables near the back of the library. Almost every patron I encountered there was equally enthralled in study, reading, or just plain silence. It was a perfect place to get things done.

Sometimes the least memorable libraries are the very best.

Oh Heavenly Skylights!

No comments:

Post a Comment