Monday, April 3, 2017

Igo Library, San Antonio, Texas

Save any unplanned side trips, this will be my last Texas library visit, since the next scheduled visit will be in Roswell, New Mexico, sometime while I am camping out at Bottomless Lakes State Park.


Before stating anything else, the most important observation: I have been typing away for two hours uninterrupted. The temperature is perfect, the sound levels are at a droning, nonsensical murmur. the chair (standard wooden school house) is comfortable, and my back is to the stacks on the farthest wall from a huge bank of windows. In other words: Igo Library is an ideal place to write and I am glad I decided to come here, even if I can only stay a little while longer.


Igo is located in a suburban part of town (the unmistakable McHouses abound)--both interior and exterior structures remind me of a barn, but a very artsy barn full of pine desks, no nonsense metal stacks, and scorching bright light that reaches every corner of the room.



Unfortunately I should leave soon. I need to stop for provisions before my first official camping trip. Wish me luck. I know it is one thing to put together a tent by myself in my mother's living room, and quite another to put it together in the Wild, with the sun beating down and the wind yanking everything to and fro. If you find a wrecked, half tent in your back yard with a petrified lizard in it, know that I can always just sleep in my car! Give the lizard some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment